Satisfied Eye International Film Festival (SEIFF) accepts:
Feature films, short films, animated films, documentaries, foreign language films, screenplays (feature, short, and TV pilot) and web series.
To be considered a feature, a live action fiction film must be at least 65 minutes and an animated feature at least 40 minutes – including titles.
To be considered a short, a live action or animated fiction film must be no longer than 20 minutes – including titles.
To be considered for the documentary awards, the completed feature-length documentary must be at least 45 minutes long and a short no longer than 44 minutes.
Only films completed after 1 January 2016 will be considered for competitive sections.
Films which have screened at other festivals ARE eligible for consideration.
Films in a language other than English MUST include subtitles in English, embedded. Separate subtitle files such as .srt are not eligible.
EVENT DATES and VENUE 2019
REQUIRED for SUBMISSION
Submissions must include:
Submission fees paid through FilmFreeway
All required fields on online platform plus the following documents submitted via FilmFreeway:
Synopsis (in English)
4 high resolution stills from the film
Full cast and credits list
Official film poster
Online screener (with English subtitles if in another language)
SUBMISSION SCREENING FORMAT
SEIFF only accepts online screeners via FilmFreeway for the selection panel to view.
FESTIVAL SCREENING FORMAT
If selected, successful applicants must make a high quality screening version available to the festival. Depending on the format, this can be either a dowloadable online file (via Vimeo, WeTransfer or Dropbox) or some form of pyhsically posted media such as a blu-ray disc or USB flash drive. All physical media will be returned if required.
Eligible formats are:
MP4 or AVI.
Other formats may be allowed by direct negotiation with the artistic director. Please check with us first before submitting if this might an issue.
All payments and fees for submissions must be paid through the online submission process. SEIFF does not accept any mailed payments.
Absolutely no refunds.
SEIFF also accepts feature and short screenplays for competition, as well as scripts for unproduced TV pilot episodes. Non-scripted treatments are not accepted. Screenplays are accepted in all genres. Writers may enter multiple screenplays but each must be submitted separately. Upon acceptance, a maximum of one screenplay per writer will be selected for festival. Feature film screenplays must be 70 pages or more.
Short film screenplays must be 20 pages or less.
OFFICIAL SELECTIONS (all films)
Upon acceptance as an Official Selection entry at the SEIFF, each participant is required to comply with the following:
All Official Selections must submit a suitable screening version
All screening and supporting material must be available for download or physically at the festival office by 30 September 2018.
All physical media sent must include title, director’s name and contact information.
Applicants are wholly responsible for ensuring safe delivery of physical media and SEIFF can take no responsibility for non delivery or items damaged in transit.
By entering the SEIFF, applicants agree that the organisers of the festival are granted the right to utilize any excerpt from any film submitted for exhibition at the festival for promotional purposes.
SUBMISSION RELEASE AGREEMENT
By submitting to SEIFF through FilmFreeway, applicants are deemed to have accepted and in effect ‘signed’ and subscribed to the following:
– I have read, understood, and complied with all eligibility and submission requirements.
– All the statements and documents provided are authentic and accurate to the best of my knowledge.
– In consideration for the selection opportunity into the SEIFF, I release and discharge the SEIFF from any and all claims, demands, or causes of actions related to misappropriation or infringement of copyright or violation of any other right arising from or relating to my submission hereunder.
– I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the SEIFF from any claims that arise as a result of my film submission or screening of my film (upon selection) or my screenplay as well as from damage to or loss of any submitted documents or materials en route to the festival.
– I have all rights necessary and am duly authorized to submit this film and/or screenplay to the SEIFF.
– I understand, as the authorized and responsible representative of my selected film and/or screenplay, any prize awarded to the selected film and/or screenplayis to be received by me or any other singular, official representative of the selected film and/or screenplay.
– I understand that the SEIFF may disqualify and reject any submission that it determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, is not in compliance, in whole or in part, with the mentioned Terms.
– I understand that the SEIFF does not issue any form of refund to any selected screenplay and film regardless of circumstances.
Copyright © Satisfied Eye International Film Festival 2017 * Withoutabox logos are trademarks of Withoutabox, a DBA of IMDb.com Inc. or its affiliates